Thursday, December 10, 2009

Does anyone knows what kind of performance is this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NrPCvKSL4w4



Of course, I know the name of the performance in the show, which is called "Enrapture" and I think its amazing. I love the girl "Illusia"s performance, I think is beautiful. And since I was little I wanted to do this kind of performance, but never got the chance, cuz from where I live, there're not many performance arts or circus school around. But I hope Im not too late to learn.



Anyway, I wanted to know how or what I have to learn to do stuff like this, and how it is actually called. And to actually perform in this kind of shows. I dunno if you understand hehe.



BTW! im a loyal yay!



THANX!!!!



Does anyone knows what kind of performance is this?oper



Yes, Illusia is a beautiful character, but I think there's two things related to this. The art and the style.



About the art, is a kind of magic called Great Illusions. Magicians have specialties (same as doctors), and a Illusionist is the one who performs this big scale tricks, there's other types like manipulation, close up and card magic, mentalism, etc.



The illusion here called "Enrapture" is NOT a Criss Angel's original. Is a presentation of a "De Kolta Chair", created by french magician Bautier De Kolta in 1886.



That carries me to the next part: the style. If that magic is over 100 years old, how do you make it look like if it is a new creation? With style. Imprinting your own vision to a classic thing. That is what difference Criss Angel from David Copperfield and Ringling Brothers from Cirque du Soleil.



Finding your own style is the most difficult part of any performing art. That come with the years, and a lot of rehearsals. It's a journey of self discovery.



Perhaps you're more interested into the look of the performance than the magic itself. It doesn't matter. You can do that, with time and practice.



But the first thing you have to do is to define what kind of art(s) is the one you wants to perform: magic? dancing? acting? juggling? Because many of those are related to acting and/or dancing as a background. And once you have it clear, then you can focus on the style and looks of it.



I hope this helps. Good luck with your search!



therealmagicone



P.S.: Magic doesn't depends that much on "being really fast with your hands...". That's a myth (created by magicians by the way). Knowing how the mind works and how to fool it is far more important that the speed of your fingers!



Does anyone knows what kind of performance is this?hollywood theater opera theater



This is Criss Angel! He's is one of the best modern magicians, what he does, is, well... magic! In this clip, he demonstrates his skills with contemporary dance, with his female helper/dancer. You'd probably want to learn gymnastics, or acrobatics for this kind of work.
This is called magic, I call it fooling the eye, Chris is an illusionist, what you have to learn to do this is magic, to be very fast with your hands in order to fool people, it takes of years of practice to get this down just right to the point of people not seeing what it is that your doing, this is a talent that not too many have, you have to be very fast!!!!! I could never get into this, I don't know why, maybe it's the idea that someone is fooling me into thinking that I'm seeing something that I'm not, I don't like to be tricked, and once you find out how it's done it doesn't seem so clever anymore, sorry that I'm not into this, but I do like Chris !!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp