Saturday, December 5, 2009

Phantom of the Opera?

Who else here thinks the book "The Phantom of the Opera" shouldt've have been made into a musical? I like musicals but just because the book mainly takes place in an opera house does not constitute making it a complete musical. I concede thea actors were great ande everything but it was just so... stupid seeing a story like that acted out like a Disney movie with sporadic singing moments. I rented it once and got through an hour of it. (I'm talking the 2004 version btw) but it just started grating on me watching people sing lines that gave me chills when i read the book. I put the subtitles on and started fast forwarding it reading the words of the songs. That didn't last long obviously. Like I said before, I like musicals, I like Cats and one I don't know the title of but is about New York but you don't adapt a book to a musical, cats wasn't a book before the musical. Also, Erik has little hair so why do i see "pretty boys" with full hair playing his part?



Phantom of the Opera?city opera



You're right, the musical shouldn't have been made into a movie. I never saw the stage version of the musical, but everyone that did said it was amazing. I had the soundtrack when I was in highschool and I really enjoyed it. I think the stage is probably a better medium for the musical than the big screen. The movie was kinda cheesy at points. Visually the movie was stunning, and the acting was goo too, it was just those moments of breaking into song that ruined the somber and romantic mood and took it to the cheesy Disney level.



Phantom of the Opera?performing shows opera theaterHmmm... I think the singing bring much entertainment to the movie and made it more bright and carry on with the plot. I can't imagine how it would be like watching the characters talking for the whole movie. I think Disney is great and brought entertainment to the big screen. Report It


i havent read the book yet , but i didnt enjoy the movie , i didnt finish watching it
im glad it was made into a musical.. i saw the play years ago and LOVED it !!! and it really got me hooked onto the "phantom" and i stilll love that play !!! especially with Michael Crawford as the "phantom" but they shouldnt have made the new movie.. it was supposed to star Antonio Banderas as the 'phantom' that would have been great to have seen him in that role
All of u people who dont think it should have not been made it to a movie need to get a life. its like the best movie in the world. it looks nothing like a disney movie so get over it. oh and by the way movies can be different than books its not all the same. and gerald butler is one of the best actors in the world so shut up about the whole pretty boy thing.



u just cant apperciate good movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp