Thursday, December 10, 2009

How do I get energy in a flat performance group?

If anyone could please give me some ideas to raise the energy level and to encourage the feeling of fun and having a good time for my performing arts group I would really appreciate it. It's not that they're having a bad time, but they're just showing up for rehearsals and singing the songs %26amp; dancing the routines. They're not having a blast, how do I change that? I can't change the songs or the dances b/c our performance is in one month. I just want to encourage everyone to have fun. At this point they know all the moves and lyrics/notes, how do I get them to let loose? I thought about taking time out of the next rehearsal to have a jam session, singing dancing in a circle, creating a club feel. Sorry I'm rambling but seriously any ideas would be awesome!!! Thanks so much!!!



How do I get energy in a flat performance group?classical music



Have some "performance rehearsals". Take them to some nursing homes or other venues just to bring the adrenaline up. It won't hurt to get some audience experience either.



How do I get energy in a flat performance group?ms stress opera theater



I would disagree with a small part of your premise. If you still have a month until the show, there is plenty of time for the group to insert some new wrinkles that will really make it their own. This should take you to a new level of "buy-in" and that ownership should bring out some real passion.
try to raise your own energy level... be relentlessly positive, let it spill over the edges. Encourage the ones who get into it, and make sure the "not having fun ones" don't get any feedback. Keep the tunes a pumping and don't let them stand around for more than a second -- keep it moving. Good luck!!
Try inviting them to another performance, maybe you'll ignite the passion that caused them to be involved in the first place. or try and get them out of their comfort zones so they'll be forced to try newthings. they may not like it at first but, whoever likes things that aren't good for them?
If they're at a point where they know the routine, do some theater exercises where the students are asked to release emotion into their performances. Or have them watch some passionate performances (opera, musical theater, clips of professional singers/dancers).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp