Thursday, December 10, 2009

Help w/drama audition?

I am auditioning for a performing %26amp; creative arts school.Im going for drama/writeing/voicce.I need help with ideas for auditions.I need a good monlge thats kinnda funny but shows i have talent.If there are any directors it would be great to know what catches attention in auditions.Also what should I write about for a 300-1,000 word story.Also whats a good song for a soprano that shows off range.Im very overwelmed....PLEASE help=)



Help w/drama audition?opera score



My daughter is a Soprano and songs that she prefers are:



Jekyll %26amp; Hyde



- "Someone Like You" (the ending is awesome!)



Phantom of the Opera



- "Think of Me"



- "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again"



Les Miserables



- "On My Own"



Cats



- "Memory"



Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. If she wasn't in school, I would ask her for more suggestions.



A very busy song that's hard to use just a portion for an audition is "This Place is Mine" from Phantom: The American Musical by Maury Yeston. Lots of words and a pretty high note at the end.



Help w/drama audition?musicals opera theater



I have no idea about the monologue but i might have an idea about the story. ever since i was little i thought it would be cool to have a dictionary written in pencil, and if you would erase a word, that word would have never existed and there would be no such thing. you could say something about a kid who absolutely hated something, so one day he found this dictionary, somewhere, and he found out what it could do, somehow, and then ... (about the song... something from hairspray, or other fabulous broadway show, or colors of the wind from Pocahontas, or even we go together from grease.)



Best of luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp