Thursday, December 10, 2009

How do you show that one play is better than another?

Well, my High School has a Theatre Arts class in which we have to figure out what play to perform this year. It has wound down to Arsenic and Old Lace or 10 Little Indians.



First Question...What would you rather see?



Second Question...What kind of things could I include in a Persuasive Powerpoint to make the class side with me?



How do you show that one play is better than another?plays



Try research on box office receipts.



Which did better on stage, film and in other plays?



Which costs more for costumes and scenery?



Run it by prospective clients. Which would people who potentially buy tickets want to see? Take a poll of moms %26amp; dads.



(I love the movie Arsenic %26amp; Old lace with Cary Grant... you don't get much better than that for comedy. But I don't recall seeing 10 lLittle Indians. So for me you would have to entice me with a tidbit about 10 LI to make me want to see it.)



Play to your strengths. What kind of actors do you have? Can they do a comedy well?



Good luck!



g-day!



How do you show that one play is better than another?opera ticket opera theater



Well you have to remember the key points of what you saw.



Did you enjoy it??



Did it make you feel good that you saw it??



And if you didn't why not??
Well, I don't know what those are, so I can't say which one I'd rather see. But, you could include reasons WHY you think that people would want to see the movie that you picked. Descibe what makes it good. Why anyone would want to watch it...anyways. Good luck. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp