Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm going to 2 shows at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Should I stay in Brooklyn or Manhattan?

I'm staying a week. Other places I would like to be near are the Barrymore theater. The Paley Center (the museum of TV and Radio.) The Whitney museum which houses Edward Hopper's Paintings. The Theater on Film and Tape Archive at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. Thanks



I'm going to 2 shows at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Should I stay in Brooklyn or Manhattan? I'm disabled.ms stress



Not being from there, I would still say Manhatten, Just for the fact it would seem the transportation for someone disabled would be much better than what Brooklyn has to offer, being a bigger City environment. Just an opinion. Hope this helped. Take Care.



I'm going to 2 shows at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Should I stay in Brooklyn or Manhattan? I'm disabled.home theater system opera theater



I lived in Manhatten before and I would recommend you staying at Manhatten. The place is crowded but people are still friendly with it. There are a lot of polices around Little Italy, Canal, Lower Manhatten so no crimes would happpen. Being disable and staying in Brooklyn doesn't sound too good. Especially taking the train late at night. So, I would recommend you staying at Manhatten. It's always crowded and there are sooo many lights! Have fun :)
Well, despite what Amy is implying, that part of Brooklyn is perfectly safe! I was just at the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) on Saturday, and there are tons of people around when the shows let out, not to mention restaurants, gyms, etc. Not scary.



All that being said, I think that you ought to stay in Midtown Manhattan, since most of the places you'll be going to are nearer to there, and being disabled makes that more complicated.



BAM is located right near a major, major subway station (Atlantic Avenue Station, part of which is called Pacific Street Station - they are really two stations that are fully connected to each other.) There are plenty of elevators in that station, though, like all big stations, it's chaotic and a bit confusing. Do call the MTA in advance (or perhaps the NYC help line - 311) to make sure all the elevators are working - sometimes they go out!
I would stay in Manhattan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp