Saturday, December 5, 2009

I have trained a theater group ,dance troupe .How do i get an american promoter to take this talent

I have been in kenya for many years as an actor. Have performed in many public occasions where people have appreciated my kind of work which has been termed as creative, but only afew give assistance.companies have used my group for roadshows and promotional activities to sell their products but their offer is too little .I have even offered voluntary awareness to give hope to people infected or affected by HIV/Aids i have organised get together shows for orphans because im also a grown orphan .so, my cry is if i get a promoter who can assist me in perfoming my arts i can be thankful.



I have trained a theater group ,dance troupe .How do i get an american promoter to take this talent to U.S.A?headache



99% of it is PR you need to find a decent legit PR manager. Next step you need to do some research, what charities Kenya do business in the US, those are the companies you want to do entertain for, there will eventually be someone so blown away by your performance they will say "Wow we gotta showcase this in the US". Get a passport, each of your dancers will need to be cleared for entry into to the US, you need people to know you are there, build a website for your company post video productions so visitors can see you past performances, look for for African Arts organizations in the US contact them, send them DVDs of your troop, don't give up, it is not easy but it can happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp